When you receive an alcohol or drug related traffic offense, you are required by law to be referred to a Substance Awareness Traffic Offenders Program, or SATOP. SATOP is a state-certified network of comprehensive programs which provides an appropriate response to alcohol and drug related offenses. PFH is one of the SATOP providers for Missouri that offers all levels of care.
Your first step is to schedule your OMU (offender Management Unit), this SATOP assessment is what will place you in your required SATOP class. The cost of the assessment is $375 and must be paid at the time of the assessment.
- Serious And Repeat Offender Program – SROP is an outpatient program designed specifically for serious repeat offenders. This is a 90-day minimum program that includes a minimum of 35 hours of group counseling, 30 hours of group education, and 10 hours of individualized counseling with a substance abuse counselor. The program structure is designed to be convenient to offenders who are employed or have child care responsibilities. The cost of this program is based on the Department of Mental Health’s Standard Means Test, with a minimum cost of $250 and a maximum of $1,500. Participants must complete an initial screening and a SROP recommendation from a qualified professional before registering for the program.
- Offender Education Program – OEP is a 10-hour education program to assist students in understanding the effects that drinking has on driving skills, warning signs of chemical dependency, and locating area resources for support.
- Weekend Intervention Program – WIP is an intensive counseling, intervention and education program conducted in 48 consecutive hours in a restrictive environment over the course of a weekend. This program is designed primarily for, but not limited to, second-time DWI offenders.
- Clinical Intervention Program – CIP is an outpatient program designed specifically for persistent DWI offenders. It is 50 hours and is a 6-8 week program. Clients receive 10 hours of individual counseling, 20 hours of group counseling and 20 hours of group education.
- SATOP Comparable – If you have completed an approved episode of care at an accredited agency, we can process your SATOP Comparable Form.
To schedule- please call 636-224-1158 or email SATOP@pfh.org
For more information about SATOP, please access: https://dmh.mo.gov/alcohol-drug/satop