We are committed to serving individuals with hearing loss. Our team is trained specifically to work with a variety of individuals who are:
- Hard of hearing
- Specially designed vocational planning assessments of vocational goals considering the unique needs of people who rely on sign language for communication or have other barriers to employment presented by communication.
- Job placement, one-on-one support is available throughout the job placement process. This includes intervention with employers regarding accommodations that might be needed.
- Coordination with other community agencies and organizations.
- Ongoing support once a person is working, which may include:
- Job coaching and/or on-the-job training.
- Assistance with developing the necessary accommodations and work-site supports to ensure employment success.
Additional services available:
- Information and referral to local organizations
- Deaf culture training to employers
- Sign language classes
- Assistance with benefits planning
- Videophone for community use
For additional information, or to find out how to enroll in one of our programs, please contact our "College Road" location in Springfield, Missouri.